Top Coats review : Mavala Mavadry, NYX High Gloss Top Cost, Seche Vite

This is my first review and it's about top coats.
Only 3 top coats that I used until now. They are: Mavadry from Mavala, NYX High Gloss Top Coat and Seche Vite.

Here are the reviews:

Mavadry from Mavala


It's 10 ml bottle. The color is a bit pinkish and jelly like. It's thick and very dense.
Jakarta retail price is 90,000 IDR (around 9 USD).
Application is great, regardless the consistency of the liquid.
It dries the top of the polish in seconds and add some minutes to dry 2 coats of polish perfectly.
It gives some shine to the polish but in average way.
I don't have any negatives for this coat. I Loooovvveee this coat.
It will not ruin your nail art design. I think it's because of the thickness.

NYX High Gloss Top Coat

15 ml bottle. Clear solution and runny consistency. Very liquid.
Jakarta retail price is 70,000 IDR (around 7 USD)
It tends to drag your design or even grab the color of your varnish. The brush is clear, so when it drag your varnish's color, it will stick to the brush.
I only used it for 3 times top. Since it's constantly ruining my design, it's on my shelf now.

Seche Vite

15 ml bottle.
I never saw Seche sold in shelves. I bought this one from an online store and it costs me 200,000 IDR (around 20 USD o_O)
Who doesn't know this one. Every nail art blogger mentioned this top coat and of course attracted me to try one. It's liquidy like NYX, but a bit more thick. It gives the best gloss. I mean it.
But after a few times and a few ruined design, I almost despise this product.
The consistency made the designs dragged. I have tried to master the way I apply this one but none succeed. I tried to have a light stroke and it's still dragged the color. I even left my design to dry overnight then apply SV, but failed as well.
So, I will not buy this product again. And also the price is killing me!

But I found a way to have a beautiful preserved nail art.
First coat I use Mavadry. It will lock the design nicely and dries quickly. After that, I apply SV.
And voila! A glossy locked nail art. No strikes that ruined everything.

Hope this helps.
Please comment if you have other top coat or other experience with the ones above.

No comments:

Post a Comment