Taking care of your skin

My family has a long history of skin condition, almost related to allergic reaction and everyone of use have dermatological issue(s). We have this, kinda, family dermatologist. He knows the history well.
I went to see him when I had break-outs about 2 years ago and he lectured me about facial care.
Here are what I was told:
1. Make sure you maintain cleanliness to your skin and to any contact with your face.
This includes:
- cleaning your face before bed. He mentioned using milk cleanser is a must, since facial wash only will not remove all dirts. Now I clean my face with milk cleanser then wash my face with baby soap bar.
- wash your hands before touching your face, either it is to clean it or to put make up or skincare products.
- DO NOT PICK your face! It will only enlarged the pore and making it more prone to acnes.
- use a special towel for your face or make sure it's clean. I used paper towel or facial tissue now.
He said when you hang your towel, it will catch dirts and you don't want that.
- change your pillowcase periodically as it also collecting dust

2. Drink enough amount of water
It will moisturize your skin and it also a good thing to do

3. Avoid oils.
Here in Indonesia we fried almost anything. Most of those fries also not using a good oil. This will increase oiliness of your face.

4. Periodic facial treatment
He recommended facial treatment to remove sebum off your face.

5. Cover your skin from direct sunlight. This can include using sunscreens and umbrella when going out under the sun.

At another time I went to see another dermatologist. I was accompanied my sister actually. By the time I entered the room, she looked shock to see my skin. I was just took a bath before going there and did not use any product on my skin and to add it was a bright day. It was redness, I thought. She asked whether I had an allergic reaction or I just had a chemical peeling or even too much doing it. The answer is a big NO. I didn't even try any chemical peeling that time. I was about to laugh because I bet my skin was just so awful.
She came to conclusion that I have a sensitive and thin skin. Since my skin is so thin, heat will enlarge the veins and causing my face to look red, boiled crab red.
She asked what kind of facial wash that I used and I was using a soap bar from the previous dermatologist, which smelled like Dettol.
She told me to stop using it and only use baby soap in bars, not the liquid ones. She told me not to scrub my face too hard, as it will cause more thinning.

Now I rarely have breakouts. I had ones when I did not clean my face before bed for several nights in a row. But it can be handled with cleaning my face and put an acne lotion on the bulged skin.
I still have blemishes face and also some pigmentation because of my naughty hands :D
And I haven't done facial treatment in 6 months. For my skincare routine you may see the previous post.

Do you have any more Dos for facial care? I would like to know :D

No comments:

Post a Comment